Thursday, November 6, 2008

Class of 11-6

Today we continued "learning" about performance art.  I won't lie, I straight up hate most performance art.  I don't consider it art.  I would much sooner call crayon scribbles from a 6 year old art, before I give the same title to performance art.
I believe I discovered where a large part of my hatred comes from. Performance art is the reason most non-artistic people have a preconceived notion that art is silly, irrelevant, confusing, boring, and/or talentless.  And those thoughts extend to the artist as well.  People may think artists are pretentious, psychotic weirdos. As an art major, that annoys greatly.  Performance art gives other art a bad name.  
I honestly believe that had I not gone to class today and slept in, I would have had a more interesting experience, mainly because my dreams are usually really awesome.  I don't know what else to say.  There was nothing educational or interesting about class today.  I wasted my time, I should have slept in.

1 comment:

brendan wallace said...

your performance art piece was cool...you used one of my favorite guitar hero songs, and it was cool how you seemed to really know which buttons to press, even without the tv...maybe i was just imagining that though.